Monday, April 16, 2012

Trash Out the Train Window

I know that I am just a guest in Turkey but I am getting a little disgusted with the quantity of trash littering the banks of the rivers, the sides of the roads, the hillsides, the canals, the gutters, etc. I could accept the old trash if there were some effort being made to change the the current behavior.

And, yes, I can tell a second grade student that it is inappropriate to open the classroom window and throw his trash out. But I'm not sure it's appropriate for me to chastise the two grown men on the train who opened the window and tossed out their plastic bottles and trash.

I'm having a hard to time wrapping my head around the incongruence between bathing every part of the body to pray and picnicking/ living in trash filled everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment