Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Teaching with my Mom

I took my mom for "show and tell" yesterday, although I didn't call it that because it would be too difficult to explain the terms. I gave her some questions that the students should be able to answer and I was delighted they were able to both understand her "accent" and to elaborate and answer even if she phrased the questions a little differently than they have learned from the "script."

The students love her (and so do I) but I also love the fact the she zeroed in on some of the little "gems" (e.g. disruptors) and was able to help keep them focused and help them feel successful. I was also able to use her for dialog activities, teaching circle games in kindergarten like the "Farmer in the Dell", and to seek suggestions for my most difficult class 2C. Her suggestion is a better balance of boys (13) to girls(3) and since that's not possible, at least I know that I'm not crazy. This is one tough class.

Anyway, I had a great time teaching with her and I'm so excited that she will come back for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment