Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of Work

9:45 Catch Bus
10:00 Meet and greet about a billion teachers with names I can't pronounce or remember.
10:30 Listen to Head Master speak in Turkish - Thinking to self - I need tea to stay awake I hope I don't need to know any of this.
11:30 Teacher Introductions - Every other teacher."Bir adim _________ blah, blah, blah,.... (followed by applause and laughter) Me: My name is Penny Jansen. Silence followed by the Head Master adding some comments..(I hope they were positive)
11:45 - 12:30 Chit Chat with Teachers (actually, I just smiled and looked bewildered)
12:30 Lunch
1:30 Tea Time
2:00 Tour of the kindergarten building...We had to take off our shoes to keep it clean. They gave me some sandals fit for a tiny Turkish woman. I politely shuffled through the building. (BTW they have the cutest little beds for their afternoon naps.)
2:30 Chit Chat with Teachers and take a cursory glance at a text book.
3:30 Ride the bus home.

No comments:

Post a Comment