Thursday, October 18, 2012

What I Love About Teaching

One of the perks of my job is that I get to be one of the advisors for a club called Model United Nations (MUN). What's even better is that I am not in charge so I don't have to worry about travel reservations, lesson plans, etc. I think I'm there because I speak, read, and write pretty good English.
So yesterday evening I worked one-on-one with a student to research his topic "cyber security and personal privacy". Not only did I get excited when we were able to find good information, I marveled at him conducting research, writing and delivering speeches in English, not his native language. I'm not sure I could do it.
I like working with students in a smaller setting without the distractions of behavior. I like learning about new topics and trying to be impartial and using questions to help students analyze different viewpoints. Helping unlock doors is what I like about teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment