Thursday, June 21, 2012

A "Shout Out" to Turkish Doctors and Hospitals

The last thing I remember is thinking Mark's, the guy from London who is biking to Hong Kong, brakes squeak as we were riding down the steep hill into Yesilyurt. The next thing I saw were nurses and doctors, an MRI machine, and my friend Fatma asking, "Do you remember me?"

It took me awhile to understand that I was not dreaming and I was the patient, but thankfully, I am OK. My helmut did its job and my scapula and rotator cuff will heal. Although my worst fear had come true and I was in a Turkish hospital as a patient, my fear was unwarranted. The treatment I got was kind, compassionate, and thorough. I actually think I got the VIP treatment because I never really waited for any doctors or x-rays. It was very nice.

However, my blogs will be shorter...lucky you... because typing with one hand is not fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment