Sunday, May 26, 2013

Transitioning to the End of the School Year

One week ago my life was hectic, every minute planned, early mornings, late nights, sleepless nights, seemingly endless to-do list.

This weekend is the opposite, extra time, no plans, random papers to grade, empty time looming ahead.

I woke up at 6:00 am. I don't know why...sun streaming in my window, birds chirping, hot, humid...
I made my coffee and sipped while reading my current book, graded the remaining term exams, (the students took their last exam but still have 3 weeks of school...I don't understand this), read some more, checked Facebook, started some laundry.
7:00 a.m. Read some more, hung up some laundry, started another load, wandered aimlessly around the apartment.
8:00 a.m. Rode to my favorite breakfast place, ate, lingered over my 3rd cup of tea, read some more.
9:00 a.m. Cycled along the Aegean Sea down to Karsiyika and back to my apartment.
10:00 a.m. Hung up the 2nd load, read some more, researched Malaysia, checked Facebook (which is a waste of time because everyone is asleep in the States) Downloaded a movie for tonight.
11:00 a.m. Researched on-line courses. Started and finished a UW Open University on-line course on World War II. Missed one question on the final quiz...read too quickly I guess...
12:30 p.m. Walked to the mall to buy swim goggles.
1:00 p.m. Walked to the pool. Took a nap. Finished my book. Swam. Started another book.
3:30 p.m. Showered. Rode my bike to the photography museum that I've been postponing for the past year.
4:30 p.m. Continued on to my favorite produce market and bought peppers for tacos. (I was planning on making a burger for Memorial Day but finding a grill was too much effort. Plus I don't think I'm allowed to grill on my balcony.)
5:30 p.m. Cooked and ate dinner. Talked with a daughter.
6:30 p.m. Washed dishes. Currently writing blog.

I've always had difficulty with transitions and the transition between school and summer always catches me off guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment