Monday, September 10, 2012

I Like Competition!

For those of you who are used to more regular posts, I can blame my irregularity on 1) the terrible internet service and 2) the fact that there's just a lot more to see and do here...

Regarding #1 above, I think I've solved that problem. I've used the good old principal of free market capitalism and found a new service. Everyone had heard about my complaining but finally I complained to the right person. Our apartment manager mentioned that a new company had installed fiber optic cables to our building and did I have a contract with the other company, blah, blah, or would I like to change? I immediately jumped on that option..problem solved!

Regarding # 2 - There is a lot more to see and do here. This is a very active town that rarely sleeps. So, in making up for lost time, I'm socializing a lot more. Socializing can mean tea, coffee, beer, snacks, dinner, a walk, tennis, a bike ride, shopping, a movie, a ferry ride, etc. I suspect that things will slow down once school starts, but as this is the last weekend before opening day, there is still plenty of time to cram in some more fun. Eric and I are heading off on a weekend bike ride to Cesme and an overnight at a beach resort. It will be 200 km round trip, so yes, we still like individual challenges/competitions as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment